Monday, June 22, 2009

Geek-In-Chief?

So, I am such a nerd (or is it geek?) I know every reference John Hodgman makes in this hilarious video! Although maybe I'm a bit of a hybrid too, because I'm a Mac, not a PC, after all. But the war between the jocks and the nerds is a great way to frame the recent political battles between Democrats and Republicans. If Obama is essentially a nerd, Bush is a jock, and Kerry and Gore are both nerds. This could be the best classification system since McLuhan's hot and cool media! Except I'm not sure where Bill Clinton fits in. He's something of an operator and ladies' man, and also a policy geek. Hmmm, well, let's think it over, and in the meantime enjoy the video!






And there you have it! This was taken from the 65th annual Radio and TV Correspondents Dinner, a time-honored and always humorous ritual of the White House Press Corps, and I thank my friend Meir Ribalow for bringing the video to my attention.

No comments: