Monday, May 26, 2008

The Future of Consciousness

A few weeks ago, I converted and uploaded to YouTube a video of an address I delivered at an Institute of General Semantics symposium at the American Museum of Natural History in New York City on April 23, 2005. The title of the address is "The Future of Consciousness," and the topic was suggested/requested by IGS trustee and New York Society for General Semantics President Allen Flagg. Given that the symposium was for the general public rather than being limited to academics, the address is pretty accessible, I think, and not bad at all, if I do say so myself. Because YouTube places limits on uploads (no longer than ten minutes, more or less), I had to cut it up into seven segments. Also there are a few glitches, but nothing fatal. So, without further ado, here are the videos:




















1 comment:

Mike Plugh said...

Proof that Cookie Monster never read Korzybski:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqsqieIubdg

Enjoy!