Thursday, January 17, 2008

A Manhattan Starbucks Challenge

Okay, so here's one my wife came across that's pretty amusing, certainly offbeat. The filmmaker, Mark Malkoff , is identified as a comedian, not that that's a guarantee of anything funny, but this certainly is well made.

And if you like coffee, especially Starbucks coffee, and I am partial to their lattés myself, then you may really appreciate this, or maybe not, I don't know.

If you've reflected at all on the success if not outright domination of the Starbucks Coffee Company as a retail outlet and capitalist enterprise, and on the simple pervasiveness, the ubiquitous nature of Starbucks, you might enjoy this, or find it really, really irritating and offensive.

But, I think that if you know Manhattan, and love New York, whether you are a native New Yorker like me, or not, then you will get a kick out of it.


No comments: